Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Night splints

Hello there,

This morning we had a trip to Monash to have night splints made for E and J's legs. I have been reluctant to go down this path as I do not want anything to interfere with the girls sleep.

After E had a cast on her leg for 3 weeks though and she slept okay, I was 'happy' to do it.

J, has also been wearing her night splint on her arm for a couple of weeks too and that has not caused any drama, so I spose they are getting older and understanding all things splints.

I tried really hard to be positive this morning, getting there on time, smiling and trying to be a patient mummy. It was a lof of effort. Both girls were great and now have these huge things to wear to bed. Both girls legs were stretched and measured and E just said " I'm okay " when they asked how she was.

I am a mixture of proud of how brave/ disinterested they are, and saddened that they are so used to this kind of intervention they don't even blink.

I walked away, slowly with them and decided that I needed some cheer me up food, so we went to the golden arches and had some chips and a climb on the nightmare equipment.

After reading Di's post on climbing through the playground, I decided to sit in the tunnel for the entire 20 minutes so that I could hoist the girls up and then eventually when J ventured further, I had to get in and push her through. I am not as gracious as Di and get annoyed everytime I have to do this stuff and wonder what it would be like to have my twins climb wherever they want, whenever they want.

I think today I am sick of driving to Monash, I am sick of being polite to people who make decisions about my daughters and I am sick of feeling so blah about our lives. There is truly so much to be thankful for.

It's DH birthday today and we are going to the " fat man pasta " restuarant, or more commanly known as La Porchetta's for dinner so not having to cook dinner really is great news in itself.

Maybe tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Speak soon
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I've been called many things before, but not sure 'gracious' is one of them ;-). I think a better word would probably be 'resigned' - it just seems that it's inevitable that's where I'll end up so I might as well just get accept it...

    You're girls are gorgeous and you have a lot of great things in your life, but it's also very true that there are just some days where things are tough so be very kind to yourself. It's OK to feel blah sometimes xo

    ReplyDelete